Perhaps the best activity is getting here! Take a short ride across the calm waters of Fewa Lake and trek slowly up the dense Raniban, the Queen's Jungle. Watch out for Barking Deer, Langur and Jungle Chickens as you ascend to the Vishwa Shanti, The World Peace Stupa.
A final short climb up our 500 stone steps will reward you with awesome views of the Himalayan Peaks from Dhaulagiri to Ganesh Himal and that's the Raniban Retreat: Your luxury mountain hotel.
For the less active we offer airport transfers the short 7km distance to and from Pokhara airport, bus park and Lakeside.
On Site we offer:
- An early morning - watch the rising sun turn the high Himalayas pink with a warming tea or coffee
- A twilight campfire on the terrace as dark falls over the lake and mountains
- Themed evenings & menus
- Awe inspiring views, cloudscapes, sunrises and sunsets
- Monster thunderstorms - thunder, lightening & hailstones, then the calm after the storm
Off site, through our friends in Pokhara and around we can arrange:
- Visits to theWorld Peace Pagoda
- Ayurvedic Massage & spa treatments
- Guided village walks
- Mountain biking hire and rides on forest tracks and inding village roads
- Fishing on Lake Fewa
- Lake cruises and boat rides
- Paragliding lessons and tandem flights
- Parahawking - flying with birds of prey
Short and longer treks